Sunday, March 7, 2010

Vacation part 1

Anyone else not a fan of blogger? I finally sit down to do the long process of uploading photos and for some reason I was able to do a few and now I'm getting an error. grrrr. So now this post will be split up.

Well we finally went on our first "real" family vacation this past week to California and Disneyland. We were fortunate enough to be able to have my whole side of the family join us on vacation. I think it made it just that more enjoyable (that and we had help with the kiddos, that's always a plus). In order to save us $$$ we opted to make the long drive instead of flying. I was dreading the drive not knowing how the kids would handle being in the car that long. We left on Saturday and stopped for the night just outside of Vegas. It was the perfect length of car ride for the fist day.
That night we headed to the outlet malls for a little shopping because what's vacation without shopping? The next morning we made the rest of the treck to California. The nice sunny weather in California was VERY welcomed. That first day it was close to 70 and nothing but sunshine. We didn't waste anytime hitting the beach that night. This was the fist time my kids have seen the ocean. I don't think they cared much about the water but they loved playing in the sand.




4 comments:

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Really like yer "silhouette beach" pictures. . .soo dreamy!

Lara said...

I love the picture of you and Jared walking on the beach. I am so glad that you guys got to go. The whole time you were gone I was wishing we were there too. I hope it was wonderful for you guys.

Jillinda said...

I love your beach pics too, they are so gorgeous. It is great to have family with you when you have little ones, I totally agree.

I'm excited to hear about the rest of your trip.

Janea said...

So jealous! I love the pictures