Wednesday, July 14, 2010

What gives

I took the kids swimming today, granted it was for 4 hours. I applied sunscreen at least 4 times thinking that I was being a good mom and preventing sunburns. However, when all was said and done my kids still got burned. Boston started out with a shirt on but the poor guy was freezing when he got out of the water so I took his shirt off and heavily applied sunscreen thinking he would be okay. I was wrong.
Here is Londynn's burn and Bostons back is just as bad. We won't mention my legs but lets just say I didn't apply ANY sunscreen. In my defense though I spent the majority of the time in shade watching the kids. Apparently it didn't matter thought because my legs are still pretty toasty.

I guess there goes my plans of taking the kids to the pool again on Friday. :( Next time I think we will all wear pants and long sleeve shirts with hats. I think that's the only way to prevent getting burned in our family.

3 comments:

Janea said...

Oh sad! I hope they are okay now...that looks like it hurts. :( I did that as well...I didnt' put sunscreen on my kids because we went at 5 at night! Who knew?

Jillinda said...

Ouch that looks like it hurts. Hopefully it won't take to long to heal.

Shelly said...

How did I not know you had a blog? I just found it today, so I will have to check in from time to time=)
I have to lather on the sunscreen for my hubby or he just sizzles, but sometimes I forget about myself. I put it on Ian too, but he just gets a little more deliciously brown in the sun=) Hope your kiddos, and you, feel better soon!!