Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Birthday to remember

At least that's what I told my kids. They better remember this birthday party because I don't know when their next one will be. With Londynn's and Boston's birthdays 2 weeks apart my sister had a great idea of combining the two and having a backyard carnival. While I knew it would be a lot of work it sounded like a fun idea. I'm not going to lie, it was kinda fun planning it. Took a lot of time but still fun. I was able to borrow a couple of the big games from my sisters friend and then I threw together the others. In all we had 7 games. Duck pond, go fish, ball toss, bean bag throw, plinko, spin the wheel and face painting/tattoos.
I love this picture of Boston. Makes me laugh every time I see it.
Austin, Will, Lincoln, Luke, Boston and Hogan
Ian
I had to talk Londynn into dressing up as a clown so we could get a picture. She agreed as long as she didn't have to wear the nose.
Londynn and Kate
Hogan
Birthday Girl!! I can't believe she's 7.
Overall it was a great party. We were threatened with rain after we played games and had had dinner so the party was moved indoors for singing and presents. It was complete chaos for 2 hours and there was no way I could have pulled it off without the help from my family, but I think the kids had a blast. We loaded them full of sugar and cheap toys and sent them home.

1 comment:

derekandkelsey said...

You really did such a great job!