Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Look what I did

Well I finally finished my first furniture makeover. It was actually a lot easier than I thought it would be and I actually had fun doing it. I think I'm on the lookout for my next project.

here is the ugly before:

and after
I knew I wanted to paint his dresser orange to match the orange stripes in his room, but I wasn't willing to buy a brand new dresser only to paint it orange.
So the total cost for this dresser was $25. $15 for the dresser and $10 for the primer (I did it the easy way and spray painted the primer on). I already had the orange paint and the stain. I love how it turned it out.




7 comments:

Ginamarie said...

great job. It turned out so good. I love the brown and orange.

Lara said...

wow good job. It looks great!!!

Kristen said...

WOW! It looks fantastic!! I love that you started big with a dresser and scard-ie cat me is starting with a little ole nightstand!

What I want to know is how you did the stripes in his room - that would be cool to do for Graham!

Emily said...

Kristen- the stripes were way easy. Jared did the measuring and marking with a level and I did the taping and painting. Use frog tape. It's the only way to go. The tan stripes in between the orange stripes is simply the width of the frog tape. It took awhile to tape but I love how it turned out.

Kristen said...

Wish me luck - that looks like a pain to tape but I'm going to try it. It's that or he wants the whole room green. (Which is what I do NOT want!)

Kelly Biggs at A Little Biggs Of Everything said...

Thank you so much for linking up to My Dear Trash! What an amazing transformation. It actually looked like you stained it. Love the color choice.

CindyLou said...

Your dresser looks great! I am sure you are scavenging out what your next "victim" will be!