Thursday, July 10, 2008

How do you do it?

How is it that some people just have the nack for keeping their homes spotless all the time? There is nothing I would love more than to have my home look like a model home all the time; however, this will NEVER happen. I like to say it is because of my kids that my house is never clean, but how do those with kids still have a clean house? I'm not the type that likes to clean all day every day and my house shows it. I'm lucky if I can keep up on the dishes and the dreaded laundry, and keeping up on the laundry doesn't include having it folded and put away. We usually end up wearing the clothes out of the laundry basket. Please tell me I'm not the only one.  I always have good intentions of one day cleaning my house top to bottom but my the time I am done with the rooms that are visible I'm beat. When the kids go down for their daily naps I'm not one to stay up and clean things up. I follow them to bed myself. That's how I survive my day. If only I were rich I'd just hire a maid. That would solve all my cleaning problems. 

4 comments:

Kirstin said...

I hate incriminating myself...but I can't keep a clean house either, and I LOVE sleeping when my kids sleep. That makes a dirty combination! Oh well, right? :)

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

If you get it figured out you let me know, 'cause I should be cleaning now and what am I doing? Anything but.

Mommy Shar said...

Oh my house is spotless, you could eat off the ground. HA HA!! Ya right! You are the norm girl, remember a house is a house and worry more about spending the time with your kiddos and hubby. The dust will still be there tomorrow.

Kings said...

Amen to all those comments. I'm totally glad that I'm not the only one who lives out of a laundry basket. By the time I get all the folded clothes away in drawers and closets, it's time to do 6 more loads!