Wednesday, April 29, 2009

kids, kids, kids

We have a problem at our house. Here is miss personality, she is 3 going on 13 and let's be honest she'll be lucky if she makes it to 13.  Londynn has challenged me since the day she was born. She refused to nap unless someone was holding her and even then her naps we only 30 minutes long, she was a very fussy baby and to make matters worse she didn't sleep through the night (you following me, no sleep at night and no naps during the day makes for a very tired mommy). To say the least she tested my patience from day 1 and continues to do so.  Our main challenge with Londynn these days is her mouth. She talks back ALL the time. I'm at my wits end  with her. I put her in her room for time out and she screams and kicks her door until she is let out (I'm scared she's going to break her door one of these days). We put her in time out on a chair in the kitchen and we get to hear her at full volume crying and whining and even then she continues to talk back. We take away TV and the world comes to an end and in reality it's punishment to myself. I don't know what else to do with her, she just doesn't care.  But seriously something has to change and fast. Suggestions anyone?  The only time of day I look forward to is nap time, time to myself (so I can have a much needed nap) but even these days she's fighting me on that. If she finally does get a nap then that means that I don't get an evening because she is up until 9:30. I can't win.

But how can I not love this? She's so adorable when she's sleeping. This picture was taken on a day that she won and didn't have to take a nap. She fell asleep on the couch after getting ready for bed.

and then there's Boston.....


Jared likes to tease Bostson and pretends to take his nose. He recently learned to how to say give it back (or in his words back). Maybe I'm just prejudice but it's so cute and makes me laugh every time.

7 comments:

Mommy Shar said...

I feel for ya Emily... so glad to hear I'm not the only Mom who feels I am going nuts. I am sick of reading blogs of people who claim their children are perfect and so are they. Let me know if you need to vent =) I love Alex but trust me he has his moments as do ALL children I am sure.

Kari said...

Ahhh...the joys of having children. :) Funny how you can love them so much and yet want to strangle them at the same time! I laughed when you said that punishing Londynn is really punishing yourself! Isn't that the TRUTH!!!

Good luck.

Janea said...

You poor thing. Ready for another? lol

Jillinda said...

As much as we love them...kids are just hard. By the end of the day "I'm done" or at least that's what I tell David. My friend uses Cayenne Pepper to get her son to stop spitting. She just puts a little on his tongue. She said it actually only took twice and now she just has to threaten. I don't know. Good Luck!
Sorry about the napping issue, that sucks.

Mea said...

Emily, I have two words for you... Super Nanny. Ha Ha!! In all seriousness, good luck :) I wish I had some awesome advice for you.

Emily said...

Ha that's funny you mentioned Supper nanny, I don't even dare watch that show when Londynn is around with the fear that she will pick up on some of the behavior. That's all I need. lol

Ginamarie said...

Such fun! My little girl is getting a mind of her own...and it is really annoying sometime. I mean really...how many times can you hear "NO" in one day.

Just remember...this too shall pass. Hopefully sooner rather than later!