Wednesday, April 8, 2009

This is the year

I HATE to run and I don't hide that fact. I've ALWAYS hated running and just because I have long legs (apparently having long legs = long strides) doesn't change the fact that I HATE to run.  I don't understand how some people can say that they LOVE to run. Can you share the love please. So even with this HATE of running I still manage to have this desire to run some sort of race. I've had this desire and wanting for a couple years now; however, I haven't had the desire and will to train and race one on my own.  Well over conference weekend a couple friends in our neighborhood suggested that we all run the Bridal Veil Falls 10K at the end of May together. I don't know what I was thinking but I agreed to it. I know you are all thinking it's only a 10k it can't be that bad, but for someone who has NEVER ran a race before and currently has no running in her workouts, this is a big race. I started my training this week and I am my hips are killing, my calves are tight and the bottom of my feet hurt.  Please tell me it gets better than this?

3 comments:

Ginamarie said...

You are so brave. I hate running, so I know exactly how you feel.

Good for you. I am glad that you are stepping outside of your comfort zone. You will have to post details about your training and about the big day.

Good Luck!

Janea said...

ha ha! You ARE nuts! Good luck. Maybe after training, you will turn to LOVE it. Right?

Dorothy & Tony said...

Your Amazing! And Brave!!! It does get better, The muscles get used to it after awhile. I am sure you already knew that! And you will also notice that your buns will be rock solid! I am so excited for you! Good Luck!!!