Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Bribery

Londynn is ALL girl and loves everything girly so when her friend Isabel signed up for Ballet I knew I had to sign Londynn up also. She has loved going but her teachers say that they have to remind londynn what's she doing and to keep dancing. Parents get to come and watch the first Tuesday of every month and it wasn't to surprising that when I am there she won't dance. She pretends to be shy and holds on to me the entire time. As a parent it was kind of disappointing because I wanted her to participate and I also wanted to see her dance. Well this month I decided to try and bribe her. I see nothing wrong with bribery. I told Londynn that if she danced while I was there the entire time I would take her to the store and let her choose a toy. Right away she lit up and said she would dance, I wasn't quite convinced though.

Well Londynn surprised me and danced the entire time. It was so dang cute and makes the monthly fee and expensive dance costume all worth it. I kept my word and we stopped at Target on the way home. Londynn chose a pair of press-on nails from the $1 section. Doesn't get any better than that!!


She loves tapping on things because they make "clicky" noises.

4 comments:

Janea said...

Oh, cute!

Lara said...

Wow, jackpot for you. I need to have a talk with that girl and let her know about the other aisles there. You really got a winner with that dollar aisle. I miss getting away with prizes like that.

Kristen said...

We don't call them bribes - we call them "rewards!" Whatever works, right! So cute, I can't wait to get Lauren into dance classes!

Mommy Shar said...

You are my kind of mom... bribery all the way baby!