Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Binky free

Well Boston is officially Binky free. He turned 2 in September and I knew I should probably take it away but he's my baby and I just didn't have the heart to do it yet, that and he only needed it when he took naps and at bedtime. Well the other night Jared put Boston to bed and a couple minutes later he started crying (this is very unusual for him) so we went it to see what the problem was. We opened the door and he cried binky broke. Sure enough the top part of his binky was completely off. He had bit it off. Instead of getting him another one I thought this was the perfect time to try and do away with the binky. We told him it was broken and we had to throw it away. We gave him loves and laid him back down. He has now slept 2 nights and had 1 nap without a binky. Who knew it would be this easy?

3 comments:

Ginamarie said...

I stressed over taking Elizabeth's binky away...and she reacted the same way. She was totally fine with it. All of that stress for nothing...oh well. I am happy to hear that you are rid of the binky and that everything went smoothly.

Kristen said...

Ohhhhh....I STILL need to take the bottle away from LuLu. The boys were done at 11 months and here she is at 22 months with it. I am a BAD mom. Hope the binky free is goes well...my kids were never into those (whew!)

Lara said...

Yeah Boston. He is just a good kid and doesn't make things difficult. You are lucky!