Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My new obsession

I have a new obsession, hobby, love, whatever you want to call it. I am obsessed with finding a good deal and to see how much I can get for as little as possible.  I've come across a lot of deals lately and I've had to stop and say "does my family eat or use this or will my family eat or use this." Today I ran to Albertsons to pick up a few of the deals. This is what I got:



Total value: $38.39
Total out of pocket: $4.66

Not to bad if I must say so myself. Of course I would have never come up with this on my own. I found all the information on the website pinching your pennies. If you've never checked out the site before I suggest doing so. It's saved our family so much over the last couple of months, it's been fun for me and I've been able to stockpile for our food storage. 

3 comments:

Dorothy & Tony said...

Seriously you are hilarios...Anti-Depressants...Blahahahaha! Yhanks for your last comment. Albertsons has the best deals ever. However I am very interested as to how you got all that for under 5 bucks. Or am I seriously confused???

Emily said...

okay I already threw out my receipts so I will try and remember the breakdown but the ritz crackers are on for $2.50 and I had a coupon for $2 off 2 boxes, making each box $1.50. Currently there is a Kraft promo running where you buy 3 participating items and you get $3 off instantly on chicken; however I didn't buy any chicken and the $3 just came off my order. I bought a total of 9 kraft products so $9 was subtracted off my order (I also had some coupons for those items). There is also a catalina promo going where you buy 4 kraft salad dressings and a catalina prints out for $2 off your next order. So technically my total was around $6 but I still have $2 to use on my next order. Is any of this making sense? So if you don't get the newspaper for coupons you can still get a GREAT deal on bbq sauce. Buy 3 kraft bbq sauce and your out of pocket will be .75 cents.

Kristen said...

I LOVE this kind of thing! I was gettting really into doing this but stopped over the holidays - I have saved SO much money doing things like this. It totally becomes an obsession/hobby doesn't it?!