Saturday, January 31, 2009

Saturday project

My grandparents came for a visit a few months ago and while they were here we gave them the tour of the basement. I think my grandma took pitty on me when she saw my storage room (no shelves and all of my food was in grocery bags on the floor). It was a complete mess.  I don't remember if my grandpa volunteered or whether my grandma volunteered him but they were then on a mission to collect wood and come and build me some shelves. Today was the day. They made the trip from Heber to build me some shelves. They turned out perfect.  After they were done and I had a chance to load them up I was scared to tell Jared that we are already in need of more.  You can never have enough shelving right?


I forgot to take a before of the storage room while it was a disaster, but here is the food that we moved from the storage room to make room for the shelves.


Here is the storage room after it was cleaned and ready for shelves.

Here is the completed project.


Because we had all sorts of family over today Londynn went without a nap. After everyone left she sat down by me to have a snack and the next thing I knew she had passed out.  ahhhh they're so cute while they are sleeping.






4 comments:

Kirstin said...

Wow!!! That was seriously so nice. They look great.

Ginamarie said...

What a great storage area. I need to get my storage under control. You have inspired me. Hopefully, I will be able to clean, organize, and get some photos posted on my blog!

Dorothy & Tony said...

I love organizing. I bet it felt so good to finally get all that food of of the floor! Less stress when you know where everything is! It looks great! What an amazing family to come and help! Blessed!!

Kristen said...

Nice!!! I love shelves...I love that you didn't just slop things up there either but they are so pretty and organized!