Saturday, February 7, 2009

Love/Hate

For Londynn's birthday my sister thought it would be a great idea to get her stuff that requires adult supervision. She got markers, paint and some play-dough. All I could think about was the markers that would appear all over my walls and the play-dough smashed into my carpet.  This sister also doesn't have any children(yet) and thought it was funny. I told her she could expect to receive some of the same gifts when there children have birthdays.  Well Londynn finally noticed the play-dough on top of the fridge a couple weeks ago and so I finally decided to pull it out and let her play for awhile.  I think these gifts have turned out to be some of the best. Londynn has spent the last week playing for hours with her play-dough. Aunt Kelsey was nice and finally added to her collection this week. Who would have thought play-dough would entertain a child for so long. And the best part is she is pretty careful and only plays with one color at a time and when she is done she puts it all away with minimal clean up to follow.  The one gift I thought I would hate, I now love.


3 comments:

Mommy Shar said...

yaaa still not convinced that I will be buying any of the following for my kids anytime soon. I would have killed my sister.. had she done that. Live and learn I guess. She looks adorable!

FastForwardingThroughLife said...

You sooo shouldn't trash talk your sister! She just knew how creative Londynn could be... Now if I had given it to Boston for his birthday I could understand freaking out. I think you should have craft time everyday. Londynn would love "snapping", making snakes, etc. When does the paint come out?

Dorothy & Tony said...

Its the messy toys or the loudest toys one the planet that my family manages to buy. But those are the ones they love the most so you deal and then fall in love when you realize how much they learn from it.
Crazy how that works!