Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A hard thing to learn

Londynn is at the age where we are pulling teeth trying to get her to eat her dinner every night. There are very few items that she will actually sit down and eat without us nagging her. Tonight I had finally had it and decided that I wasn't going to push the issue. I told her that she wouldn't get anything else the rest of the night until she ate her dinner. She didn't seem to care. Well here it is bed time and we gave Boston his glass of milk and here comes Londynn asking for hers. Total meltdown when I told her she doesn't get any because she didn't eat her dinner. She could only have water. Guess who decided to eat her dinner at 8:15pm just so she could have a glass of milk?

5 comments:

Ginamarie said...

Kids are so funny! Sometimes they make something so simple into a huge ordeal. Good for you...I like that you stuck to your word and made her eat!

Kari said...

nice job! Way to put your foot down and not give in! That is hilarious. Hopefully she learned her lesson?

Kristen said...

Good for you - we are having to do the same thing with our kids! It's sort of a hassle (like a lot of parenting!) but it works!

Anonymous said...

Good for you, tough love baby! It sucks, but wayyyyy pays in the end!

Dorothy & Tony said...

OH MY GOSH!!! This is my life story with Zion. Mr. Picky over here makes meal time a living hell! And then I worry about is health all day!!! I am glad that you got her to eat I am going to have to try that idea!