Sunday, May 31, 2009

I did it!!

Well the "big" day has come and gone. I ran and survived my first 10K on Saturday. It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Because this was my first run I didn't want to set a goal, my goal was simply to finish the race and I did that. I run as fast as a snail and finished in 67 minutes (but I guess it wasn't that bad because we all finished within 10 minutes of each other). Again, I didn't really care about the time I just wanted to do it. Next time (because I think there will be a next time) I will set a goal to beat this time. When I began running I HATED it, at this point I no longer HATE it but I'm not quite a lover either. I don't know if I will ever get to that point but I love the feeling I get after I have done a run and I think that will keep me coming back. Being a stay at home mom it's hard for me to have the feeling of accomplishment from day to day (being a mom is great don't get me wrong) but it was an awesome feeling doing something for myself that I have always wanted to do.

Jared and I after finishing the run.

Steph and Melissa, the true motivators.


the gang

4 comments:

Ginamarie said...

That is so great! Way to go! You should be so proud of yourself. I know what you mean about not feeling daily accomplishments as a mom. It is the most rewarding job...but definately a thankless job.

Good luck on your next run.

Dorothy & Tony said...

Your Amazing!!! I bet if feels so great accomplishing something you never thought you would do!

Kari said...

Nice job!! You all look fabulous! I can't wait to see you do a full marathon. ;)

Lara said...

I am so impressed. Maybe some day, I think, I am not to in shape right now. I have been a bum.