Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Failed attempt number 2

I've decided that potty training is one of those moments where you wish you weren't a mom. I knew it would be hard, but not this hard. I'm seriously considering shipping her off somewhere and paying someone else to train my child. My first attempt at potty training Londynn was just before Boston was born. I would have loved to have had only one child in diapers. She definitely wasn't ready at that time. It's now 8 months later and I thought for sure we could do it this time around. I scheduled my whole week so that I could be home with her all day. I tried all day Monday (with the exception of nap time) and she only made it to the potty one time. Not very good odds if you ask me. I've given up and decided to not mention the potty for a couple weeks and then try again. Of course as soon as I put a diaper back on her and don't mention it she has brought it up several times. In fact she just told me that she had to use the potty and so I took her. Low and behold she went. Stubborn child!! 

(This is probably way to much information but because I'm so great at journaling in a baby book, this is the next best thing. If you haven't heard about blurb.com you should check it out. I've decided at the end of the year I am going to have the pages of my blog turned into a book, sort of like a family year book.) 

5 comments:

Heidi Totten said...

Emily - don't stress! My son wasn't potty trained until he was around 4. It's a difficult process sometimes and Londynn is still young. Let her train you. :)

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Good idea to just put it away and try later! Don't torture yourself, it's not worth it! (My SIL "potty trained" her daughter at 2 and insisted she go in the potty-- 2 years later and she still has mega accidents. Not worth it!)

Mommy Shar said...

Sorry girl, I am not much help. I am not looking forward to training Alex. Just wanted to wish you luck. I too am going to turn my blog into a book once a year. The site I found is.... nevermind it's the same one you mentioned. I think it's very resonable priced. I decided once a year as a b-day gift for Alex I will get it published, I only have a month to go.

Heidi and Judd said...

Oh my goodness, you are a busy Mommy! I'm sorry, I've heard that can be such a hard thing to do. I'm not looking forward to it. At least your Hawaii trip is coming soon! That will be fun!

Kari said...

Look on the bright side, at least she went once! And she seems to understand the concept... :0 She'll get it, don't worry. You're doing great!