Monday, August 25, 2008

Mama's Boy

Since the day Boston was born he's always been my baby boy (and probably always will be). Now that he is getting a little older he has turned into a mama's boy. At first it melted my heart and I loved it; however, lately it has gotten a little out of hand and it is making my life quite difficult at times and I'm not sure how to break him of it. He's gotten to the point that if I am in the same room as him he will always choose me over anybody else in the room.  When we are home during the day he will freak out when I walk out of the room. When I am making dinner he has to be in my arms and if he isn't in my arms then he is at my feet throwing a tantrum. He's quite the stinker these days, but one look at this cute tittle face and most of the time I can't resist.

3 comments:

Kings said...

He really is such a cutie, and I couldn't resist him either. I have the same problem with Gavin lately. I'm wondering if it's a stage they're in...if I go upstairs, he clings to the gate and screams like he's crying, and I have to be very creative to distract him with toys or food in the high chair while I make meals...this too shall pass.

Mommy Shar said...

I feel like you have quoted me here. Alex isn't as much a mama's boy as simply a parent's boy. I can't hand him over to anyone like I used to. He is always at my feet when I'm busy. I get so mad and frustrated but one look at his precious face and I forget how mad I am. Don't you love little boys?

Ginamarie said...

He is so cute! How could you get mad!

I love it when Elizabeth wants to follow me around. I figure that she is a girl and will probably "hate" me when she turns 13 so I will take all of the love that I can get now.