Monday, August 4, 2008

Mind games

Am I the only one that has weird thoughts about my kids. For instance Londynn will be asleep for her afternoon nap and she will be sleeping longer than usual. My mind starts going crazy wandering if someone got in her room to take her and I didn't hear or maybe she died in her sleep but I'm to scared to go in and check on her because I don't want to know if it's true and if she really is okay (which obviously has always been the case), then I don't want to wake her up. I know pretty weird huh? Or I'll be in the shower and Boston is free roam of the house and I'll start wandering if he found a small object and swallowed it and is choking and again I'm to scared to get out and check because I don't want to know if it's true. I think these thoughts go through my mind everyday. Maybe it's just a mom thing and everyone has these creepy thoughts or maybe not and I'm just a little weird like that...........

6 comments:

Kings said...

Em, rest assured, you are not crazy! I do that nearly every day too. If I don't hear Gavin moving around, or if he doesn't cry when he wakes up from his nap...same thing with Isabel...and the minute I get out the shower, I rush down to make sure all the kids are ok. It's a normal mom thing.

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Nah girl it's not just you. If my kids sleep too long I always go check 'cause I'm afraid something happened.

Nae said...

We all have irrational thoughts about our kids, heck, my pediatrician's nurse is like one of my best friends, how do you think that is? I had a frequent visitors card there when Princess was little. Just a lovely bonus of being a Mom, I sure think it's better to be a safe, rather than sorry Mom!

Ginamarie said...

You are not alone. I always have weird thoughts like that. Just recently, Elizabeth was sleeping longer than usual and I made Matt go with me to check on her. When he asked me why I couldn't just go by myself, I had to admit to him that I was worried that she was dead and I did not want to be alone when I found her. Weird...must just be a mom thing.

Jillinda said...

I definitely have these thoughts. Especially the ones about when my kids are napping and I am in the shower. I even go as far to think what if the police don't believe I was in the shower and they think I did something bad to my kids.

Kari said...

I'm pretty sure you're the only one who has these thoughts....HA! Kidding, like everyone else has said, I think all moms have these thoughts. Just today I was grilling on the BBQ this afternoon and even though Londyn was inside with Gareth, for some reason I imagined Londyn getting thrown on top of the hot grill and getting severely burned! WHAT?! I know, but it scares the heck outta me.