Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sweet deals and canteloop

Growing up my mom was always frugal. She always shopped the bargains and wasn't ashamed to hit savers or the DI. I on the other hand always hated shopping the sales and at second hand stores because I hated going through the garbage trying to find something good. I will also admit that I wasn't to fond on wearing anything second hand. Growing up I always told myself that when I had a family of my own I would never shop second hand wether it be from savers or garage sale shopping.  Well the time has come where I am now eating my words. I am addicted to garage sale shopping. Thanks a lot mom!!  There is nothing like coming home from a morning of garage sale shopping with bags and bags of clothes and toys for your kids and having only spent $30. It doesn't get any better than that. My kids grow like weeds and I would much rather spend $.50 on an item of clothing than $10 only to have it look like second hand once it has been washed. And why not save a penny while my kids are to young to know the difference? If you've never been garage sale shopping before or think it's a little "white trash" to do, I say try it. You'll be hooked!

Changing the subject. Londynn has taken after her mom when it comes to the love of cantaloupe; however, when you ask her to say it it's not cantaloupe it's cantaloop. Love it!!

3 comments:

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

I am in looooove with Cragslist!

Kings said...

I'm with ya honey! When boating season ends, we'll have to go together!

Kings said...

to garage sales I mean!