Friday, March 7, 2008

Nap Time!

okay I am going to admit that I have been a lazy mom. Since Boston was born we have trained him (or I should say he trained himself) to take his afternoon naps in his swing. We have his routine down to a science and if followed correctly he would sleep for 3 hours in the afternoon. You are probably wondering what the problem is then. Well I figured that he isn't always going to be little and fit in the swing and eventually would need to learn how to nap in his crib. I've been contemplating on making this transition for a while now and finally decided to start this change yesterday, knowing well in advance that I would have to sit through the screams until he figured out how to fall asleep on his own in his crib. Well much to my surprise today was day number 2 at this transition and not one cry from his crib. I put Boston and Londynn both down for naps today at 1:00 and Boston slept until 4:00 and Londynn is still sleeping as we speak.  What more could a mom ask for? Love it!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW that is awesome! I hope they both slept well last night too!!

Unknown said...

p.s. I just saw on your blog your sister hoping to adopt. I didn't realize Heather was your sister! where have I been? we missed BOTH of you guys tonight!!

Heidi and Judd said...

That's so cool! I love nap time! It's so nice to have a few mins for yourself huh!?
Your blog is so cute! It will be fun hearing all the fun stuff your family is up too!

Kari said...

WHAT?! Can you fly down to Vegas and teach my child to nap?! She is screaming her head off as I'm typing this - no joke. It's almost 4 in the afternoon and since 7 am this morning she has napped for a total of 1 1/2 hours. Are you kidding me? She is sooo tired but will not fall asleep in her crib. I'm at my wits end. She's screaming so hard she's starting to sound like a wailing cat.....yikes.

Mommy Shar said...

Good Job!! I have been there done that. Mine was probably worse. Alex would only nap in his swing for about 20 minutes if I was lucky or on me. I found the only way we would both get a nap was if I let him fall asleep nursing on me on the couch so for about a month that is just what we did. I know it couldn't last forever and I need some me time so I pushed the crib on him for weeks until one day he was fine sleeping there. It's been heaven ever since. It's sooo worth it!

Kings said...

I'm with Kari...I'm happy for you, but YOU SUCK! Gavin still only naps for about 15-20 min at a time in his bouncer, and 5 min screaming in the crib feels like an hour to me. I guess I'll just have to get tough and let him scream longer.

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

I too have John sleeping the afternoon away in his little swing-- I'm not so sure I'll have the same luck switching him out!