Thursday, February 7, 2008

Reminiscing

As I was lying in bed waking up from my afternoon nap (yes I take naps and I love every minute of them) I realized today is February 7th.  Yes I know today is not Valentines Day; however, it was 5 years ago today that Jared proposed to me.  I remember this because I thought for sure he was going to propose on Valentines Day, so when we went out on a date that Friday night I thought nothing of it. We did the typical date thing...dinner and a movie (the movie was 10 Things I hate about you and dinner was Macaroni Grill...just in case you wanted to know lol).  We did the movie first and then headed to dinner. When we sat down for dinner I still had no clue what was coming. He says he was really nervous, but I guess he hid it pretty well because I didn't notice.  We made our orders and were waiting for our meals when out walks a waiter bringing a pizza. I thought they had the wrong table until he placed it in front of me and on the pizza it read "marry me". Following the pizza came red and white long stemmed roses. I'll never forget that day and I guess you could say the rest is history. Love you babe! (so I do have a picture of us taken that night; however, because I am so computer savvy..NOT I'm not sure how to scan the picture and get it posted. I'll have to hit the hubby up later. So picture still to come.)

2 comments:

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

That is sooo cute! I want roses ;)!

Mommy Shar said...

how sweet!! You are like me holding on to dates. Gotta love our honeys huh. Doesn't five years fly by fast? Jas and I will celebrate 5 years of marriage in may and 8 years together on st. pattys day.