Monday, February 25, 2008

Weekend Project


For those of you who know me know that I am not much of a decorator. We have lived in our house for almost 3 years (has it really been that long? wow!) and really never did anything to our bedroom as far as decorating goes. I was finally getting sick of it so around Christmas time I got the bug to redo our room. My mom got me a new comforter and pillows for Christmas and I bought some curtains and some wall decor to go with it. Well this past weekend was finally the weekend to get started on this project. I forgot how much work it is to paint, but thanks to my lovely sister-in-law lara we were pretty much able to get the main walls painted with their first coat of paint. I forgot to take a before of our messy room but our room simply had white walls.
Here is our room with the primer and tan walls completed (the picture makes the walls look yellow but they are really a shade of tan.
Here is our burgundy wall with one coat (no that is not our new comforter).
I had to take a picture of the kids this morning. I was getting ready for the gym and Londynn was reading a book to Boston. He sure loves his big sister.
And there you have it. Exciting isn't it? We should be finishing up the last coat tonight and when the room is complete I'll be sure to show the final project.

4 comments:

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Love it already! Very cute.

Mommy Shar said...

How fun!! I am jealous like you our room has very little down to it. I have promised myself that in our next house it will be different. I can't wait to see the final project. BTW love your kiddos, how sweet! I need another solo please.

Unknown said...

I love the color!! makes me want to paint my house some more!!!

Kings said...

I'm very proud of you for just going for it. It looks great already. I can't wait to see the texture and the wall hangings you chose. Very fun!